Mel B’s Ex Husband Calls their Divorce ‘The Most Beautiful Present’

The former couple have been locked in a bitter court battle for the best part of this year (Source: Kathy Hutchins - Shutterstock)

The former couple have been locked in a bitter court battle for the best part of this year (Source: Kathy Hutchins – Shutterstock)

Mel B and Stephen Belafonte are officially divorced.

The former couple have been locked in a bitter court battle for the best part of this year, but the 42-year-old film producer has received the “most beautiful present he could wish for” as their troubled 10-year marriage was finally dissolved by Judge Juhas at Los Angeles Superior Court in California on Friday (15.12.17).

Speaking to the DailyMail.com outside the courtroom, Stephen said: “This is the most beautiful present I could wish for. I’m newly single and ready to mingle.”

The former Spice Girls singer wasn’t in court when the ruling was made but she has been forced to cover his legal fees – estimated to be around £180,000 – and has agreed to split the proceeds of the sale of the companies they created together.

The judge has also ruled that the pair – who got married in June 2007 and split on sour terms in March this year – will divide the profit from the sale of their mansion in Los Angeles and will share custody of their six-year-old daughter Madison.

Stephen explained: “I am happy. I got everything I wanted. She put me through the worst hell ever. But now it’s all over – I hope.”

It’s also believed the ‘America’s Got Talent’ judge will pay her estranged husband spousal support for the next three years, but the exact amount is not known.

And, in return, Stephen has agreed to destroy any compromising video footage of his now-ex-wife, who previously claimed he and their former nanny Lorraine Gilles had tried to extort her with sex tapes.

The agreement was reached around the same time Mel withdrew her domestic violence order against the television producer last month.

The 42-year-old beauty filed for divorce from Stephen in March this year amid claims he had been physically and emotionally abusive towards her.

The ‘Wannabe’ singer – who also has daughters Phoenix, 18, and Angel, 10, from past relationships – previously claimed she had been “drugged” by Stephen.

Philip Cohen, one of Stephen’s lawyers, said: “Miss Brown now takes the position she was drugged by Mr. Belafonte throughout the course of the marriage.”

The divorce comes after Mel had the tattoo she had dedicated to her ex-husband sliced off her rib cage because she wanted to close the book on the chapter.

She had the words “Stephen, till death do us part you own my heart” etched across the flesh on her upper body as a tribute to their 10-year marriage but, rather than go through the lengthy process of having the inking lazered off following their split earlier this year, she decided to slice off his name via a painful operation – leaving her with 13 red stitches – but has left the rest of the wording.

She said: “I wanted the tattoo removed to help close the final chapter on a toxic relationship. Even though I’ve taken the steps to remove Stephen’s name from my body, the domestic abuse will forever remain with me.”

Read related stories:

Robbie Williams, From Tour to Intensive Care?

Williams was forced to cancel several tour dates earlier this year after he fell

Williams was forced to cancel several tour dates earlier this year after he fell “ill” (Source: Andrea Raffin – Shutterstock)

Robbie Williams spent seven days in intensive care after “abnormalities” were found in his brain in September.

The ‘Party Like A Russian’ hitmaker was forced to cancel several tour dates earlier this year after he fell “ill”, and it was later revealed that he had been hospitalised in order to treat the mysterious ailment.

Now, Robbie has admitted his hospitalisation was more serious than it appeared, as after a health scare backstage in Zurich at the beginning of September, he was immediately rushed to an intensive care unit (ICU).

He said: “My left arm went numb and I couldn’t stop dribbling out of the side of my mouth. I had a headache and I was also having trouble breathing. I couldn’t get a full breath.

“After the show, my arm was still numb and my mouth was still dribbling. I saw myself as a soldier. I needed to finish what I’d started out, and I was going to go to Russia for the final two shows no matter what shape I was in.”

Before flying out to Russia to continue his tour, the 43-year-old singer stopped off in London for some emergency tests, where doctors discovered what appeared to be “blood” on his brain.

He continued: “I had blood tests done, and I had various scans including ones of my heart and my brain, and there were some abnormalities found, including something on my brain that looked like blood.

“That was obviously very scary, so the decision was taken out of my hands and I was sent straight to the intensive care unit. It’s very weird to go from being on tour to suddenly being in intensive care, but that’s where I found myself.”

Robbie also revealed his wife Ayda and their children Teddy, five, and Charlie, three, were in Los Angeles at the time and so were unable to see him during his troubling time.

However, he star was surrounded by medical professionals who took care of his every need, and after spending a week in ICU, he was given the all clear to head home, where he spent two months recovering.

Speaking to The Sun newspaper, he said: “[Ayda] couldn’t see me, and there I was in a little bed, attached to tubes. But in the ICU I was surrounded by people who were caring for me, in every sense of the word, 24 hours a day.

“I was confused and scared, but I knew I was in the right place. And, maybe naively, I felt like I knew I was going to be OK.

“They monitored me and gave me an MOT, basically. They checked everything out and eventually, after seven days, they said that I was fit to leave the ICU. After that, I still had to have a final scan to check that I was okay to fly.

“I was told to do nothing stressful for a few weeks – just to be, and sleep, and treat myself nicely.”

Read related stories:

Amir Khan is Evicted from the Jungle, Wife Faryal is not There to Greet Him

Khan celebrated his 31st birthday the same day he left the jungle (Source: Instagram - @amirkingkhan)

Khan celebrated his 31st birthday the same day he left the jungle (Source: Instagram – @amirkingkhan)

Follow > , , , , , , ,

Amir Khan has become the seventh person to be evicted from I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Outta Here.

And on his exit the boxer, who celebrated his 31st birthday the same day, finally admitted he let Iain Lee take the blame for the strawberry debacle, which saw the duo demolish the tasty treats without their campmates.

The British star was greeted by his dad as he left the show, but pregnant wife Faryal Makhdoom was noticeably absent from the episode.

Finally addressing strawberry gate, which saw him eat the strawberries and cream he won alongside Iain, a move initiated by Amir before he blamed it on Ian, he admitted his wrongdoing.

‘I was scared so I let Ian take the blame a little- he had a bad reputation so my campmates would never expect it, ‘ he admitted.

‘I did feel guilty but I fixed it by pretending the strawberries and cream were awful,’ he added.

‘Someone had to take the blame and it wasn’t me… Iain suffered a little bit more than me,’ he added. ‘Because he was new they didn’t think i would do it.. I did take some blame. Poor Iain,’ he conceded.

Earlier as Amir was named the next celebrity to be evicted, he said his goodbyes, admitting: ‘You lot amaze me, I had the best time and I’ll see you on the outside.

Leaving Jamie Lomas, Jennie McAlbine, Georgia Toffolo and Iain Lee behind, he headed over the bridge to speak to Ant and Dec.

‘I’ve had such a great time,’ he admitted. ‘I never expected it to be so good as I’ve never seen it but I conquered my fears and had the best time.

‘Not all of your fears,’ Ant joked about the snakes, before they showed him a summary of his most high pitched screams.

‘Those weren’t my screams did you edit them?’ Amir joked.

And speaking of the gruelling weeks spent in the jungle, he continued: ‘It wasn’t what I expected, it was a lot harder. When I came face to face with animals I thought ‘this wasn’t in my contract’… I didn’t read it my dad and lawyer did,’ he laughed.

Speaking about conquering his fears, he added: ‘Sleeping outside – I had a fear I didn’t want to be around trees, now I can be around trees!’

And leaving on his birthday UK time, he added: ‘It was wonderful to spend my 31st birthday with an amazing team, I’ll remember that for life and will tell my kids I spent it in the jungle, who can say that?’.

Referring to some of his rather surprising lack of knowledge, he laughed: ‘I’ve learned a lot… like there’s a woman prime minister, there’s cheese in cheesecake. 

‘I’ve also learned about not being on phones at dinner, it’s the first time I’ve talked while having dinner and it’s nice!’

But he won’t be coming back, adding: ‘I’ve had my jungle experience and I won’t do it again!’ 

And when Ant and Dec asked who he was hoping would win, he revealed: ‘I’d like Jamie to win as he puts himself forward for any challenge, he deserves it.’

He later walked the bridge before being greeted by dad, with rekindled flame Faryal Makhdoom not pictured before the episode ended. It is not known if she is currently in Australia. 

Amir and Faryal reunited just weeks before he entered the jungle, after splitting over the summer amid a very public battle, before the American model revealed she was pregnant with his second child.

Read related stories:

Did Paloma Faith Get Married in Secret?

Paloma Faith has reportedly married Leyman Lahcine whom she has been with for four years now (source: Twocoms - Shutterstock)

Paloma Faith has reportedly married Leyman Lahcine whom she has been with for four years now (source: Twocoms – Shutterstock)

Paloma Faith has reportedly got married in secret.

The 36-year-old singer has been dating her French beau, Leyman Lahcine, for four years, and the couple welcomed their first child into the world in December last year.

But it is believed the pair have decided to take their romance to the next step and have tied the knot in what was “a very intimate and beautiful ceremony” in London, England, where the duo were surrounded by close friends and family.

Speaking about the marital ceremony to The Sun Online, a source said: “It’s something Paloma wants to keep private. It was a very intimate and beautiful ceremony in London, with just close friends and family “But some of her friends in the industry have recently been talking about Paloma quietly getting married.”

The ‘Never Tear Us Apart’ hitmaker also sparked rumours she was married after being spotted at The Royal Variety Performance earlier this year, which was rumoured to be wearing a diamond ring on her the ring finger on her left hand.
And it is believed Paloma is keen to keep her love life a secret because she doesn’t want people to “know her news”, although she is “extremely happy” with how life is panning out for her.

The insider added: “Paloma isn’t keen for people to know her news but she is extremely happy.” And Paloma has previously addressed Leyman as her “husband”. Speaking previously about her relationship, she said: “My mum said if you feel trapped, you’re in the wrong relationship but if you feel freer than when you’re single, you’ve met the right person. “I’m in that place now. Leyman is my husband.”

However, Paloma – who was previously married to chef Rian Haynes for four years before they split in 2009 – believes starting a family with her beau is “more bonding” than exchanging wedding vows. The ‘ I Just Can’t Rely On You’ vocalist said: “I feel the fact we’ve got a child together is way more bonding than a piece of paper. “When I’m like 80, I think I want to get married and try heroin.” Paloma has yet to confirm the news.

Katie Price ‘s Daughter Asks Her Mother to Put Her T*ts Away!

Price first attracted the public’s attention when she bared her breasts as a Page Three model and even posed fully nude for Playboy. (source: Photo Agency - Shutterstock)

Price first attracted the public’s attention when she bared her breasts as a Page Three model and even posed fully nude for Playboy. (source: Photo Agency – Shutterstock)

Follow > , , ,

Jett

, , , , , , ,

Katie Price and Peter Andre both agree that their daughter Princess will not be following in her mother’s footsteps to become a glamour model.

The 38-year-old star first attracted the public’s attention when she bared her breasts as a Page Three model and went on to become a favourite pin-up in men’s magazines and even posed fully nude for Playboy as her alter ego Jordan.

Although Katie is keen for her nine-year-old daughter to enter the world of showbiz she insists there is no chance that Princess will be posing for racy pictures for her because there isn’t a big market for glamour now and her dad Peter would go mad if it was suggested.

Taking part in a Q&A session for The School Of Life in London, Katie was asked if Princess could become a glamour babe, to which the busty beauty replied: “It’s the not the same now – I couldn’t name the top five Page Three girls. The industry has changed so much from when I was in it. Princess isn’t interested in that, she’s like, ‘Mum! Put your t*ts away!’

“She loves being on TV but as for glamour modelling she wouldn’t want to do it – and her dad wouldn’t let her anyway!”

Katie has been working hard to help Princess and her 11-year-old brother Junior launch their showbiz careers, setting them up with Instagram accounts – which have now been removed – to give them a social media presence and featuring them both on her TLC TV show ‘Katie Price’s Pony Club’ and on ‘Loose Women’.

During the talk, the bombshell teased the pair will be doing a lot more “next year” but she does worry they are both growing up too quickly.

Katie – who also has son Harvey, 14, from a relationship with Dwight Yorke, and son Jett, three, and daughter Bunny, two, with her husband Kieran Hayler – said: “The conversations they come up with I wouldn’t know about when I was their age. They know a lot about sex stuff and violent stuff – they’re growing up too quickly. I want my kids to be kids for as long as they can.”

Read related stories:

Catherine Zeta-Jones Celebrates Surviving 17 Years with Michael Douglas

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones have been married for 17 years. (Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com)

Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones have been married for 17 years. (Featureflash Photo Agency / Shutterstock.com)

Catherine Zeta-Jones paid tribute to her “best friend” Michael Douglas as they celebrated their 17th wedding anniversary.

The ‘Mask of Zorro’ star took to Instagram to post a sweet message for the Hollywood star, 73, as they celebrated 17 years of married bliss, admitting that she never thought their life would be as good as it is right now.

Alongside a picture of the pair on their wedding day, Catherine wrote on Instagram: “17 years ago today, I said ‘I do’ to my best friend and father of our two and a half month old son. Thought it could never get better than that day, but it did. Happy anniversary darling, Michael. With you, in my life, and Dylan and Carys, every day could be a twelve hour fantastic party at the Plaza in New York. Love you. #love #lovestrong (sic)”

It comes after Catherine revealed the key to the couple’s long and successful marriage is that they listen to one another. After overcoming Michael’s battle with cancer and her own battle with bipolar disorder, the brunette star says they are in a better place than ever.

The 48-year-old actress – who has Dylan, 17, and Carys, 14, with Michael – added: “I’m very blessed. I have a husband who listens to me and I’m a wife who listens to him. That’s why – although every marriage goes through its ups and downs, its times of adversity – we’ve come to a place where we couldn’t be better. I have a very healthy husband, a very healthy mother and two vivacious, healthy children. I think after that, everything just falls into place.”

Read related stories:

Derek Jacobi to Marry (His Boyfriend of 40 Years)

Sir Derek Jacobi stands alongside fellow gay icon Sir Ian McKellen. (lev radin / Shutterstock.com)

Sir Derek Jacobi stands alongside fellow gay icon Sir Ian McKellen. (lev radin / Shutterstock.com)

Sir Derek Jacobi is getting married to his long-term partner.

The ‘Murder on the Orient’ express actor has been in a relationship with Richard Clifford for 40 years, and after entering a civil partnership in 2005, they are planning to tie the knot now that same-sex marriage is legal.

Derek said of their plans: “We are doing it because we want to.

“There’s no public reason. We love each other and we want to.

“We’re great friends, we support each other, whatever I’ve lacked he provides and vice versa. We just get on.”

The 79-year-old actor believes the key to his long relationship with Richard is humour.

He said: “A sense of humour is essential. You stay much healthier if you can laugh.

“A sense of end-up and not taking things too seriously, seeing the funny side of things… It’s a great help because it makes one less pompous, it takes the pomposity out of everything.”

The ‘Breaking the Code’ actor has known he was gay from a very young age, but never had any problems accepting his sexuality.

He told Gay Times magazine: “I knew I was different. I knew that as soon as I became a thinking creature.

“That to me was the deck I’d been dealt. That was fine. I accepted it and carried on.

“I didn’t fight against it. I accepted it and took what it offered.”

And Derek remembered feeling “relief” when homosexuality was part decriminalised in 1967.

He recalled: “I suppose like everybody I felt relief. I felt a sense of relaxation, of not having to be wary, a sense of acceptance of being part of the whole, which I hadn’t been before. I knew what I was and who I was.

“All my friends and family knew and that was it, you know.

“I suppose when it became legitimate that I could join the bigger family, that was a great relief and a great comfort.”

Read related stories: